Emerald Sunshine Elm (Ulmus propinqua 'JFS-Bieberich')
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co
A pest resistant elm that thrives in tough settings. This vase shaped tree is smaller than most elms. Its deep green, corrugated leaves turn a rich yellow in the fall.
Power Line Approved: No
Min. street tree planting width: 6 feet
Mature Height: 35 feet
Mature Spread: 25 feet
Tree Shape: Vase
Where to Plant:
Great tree for your yard or in a planting strip without overhead power lines.
Textured green leaves turn yellow in fall.
Photo credit: J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co
Preferred Site Conditions:
Full sun. Adaptable to a wide range of soils.
No serious pests.
Minimum Planting Distances:
- 15 feet from house or building
- 3 ½ feet back from the face of the curb
- 5 feet from underground utility lines
- 10 feet from power poles
- 7 ½ feet from driveways (10 feet recommended)
- 20 feet from street lights and other existing trees
- 30 feet from street intersections
Return to 2018 Trees