Emerald City Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipfera ‘JFS-Oz’)
A fast-growing upright tree with glossy green leaves and pale yellow tulip like flowers in early summer. This cultivar has a central leader and uniform branching, making it an excellent street tree.
Power Line Approved: No
Min. street tree planting width: 6 feet
Mature Height: 50-60 feet
Mature Spread: 20-30 feet
Tree Shape: Upright oval
Where to Plant:
Excellent choice for a planting strip without overhead wires.
Glossy green tuilip shaped leaves turn bright yellow in fall.
Yellow to greenish tulip like flowers with an orange center in early summer.
Preferred Site Conditions:
Prefers moist, well-drained soils in full sun.
Susceptible to drought and aphids. Be sure to water well during the first 3-5 summers.
Minimum Planting Distances:
- 15 feet from house or building
- 3 ½ feet back from the face of the curb
- 5 feet from underground utility lines
- 10 feet from power poles
- 7 ½ feet from driveways (10 feet recommended)
- 20 feet from street lights and other existing trees
- 30 feet from street intersections
Return to 2017 Trees