Ballard to Downtown High Capacity Transit
Open house: Ballard transit expansion study
June 27, 2013
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Ballard High School Commons
1418 NW 65th St., Seattle
Join us for an open house
The discussion will include preliminary route options for public consideration and input.
Transit from Ballard to Downtown Seattle–Exploring the Possibilities
Sound Transit and SDOT are partnering to study transit improvements between Ballard and Downtown Seattle. Partnering increases our efficiency and helps conserve taxpayer dollars. Expected outcomes are:
- Support implementation of the Seattle Transit Master Plan and study rapid streetcar alternatives.
- Support regional discussions about long-range plans for future high capacity transit (HCT).
The study takes place from February 2013 to mid 2014 and includes many opportunities for public input and feedback. Here’s what we’ll be doing:
- Identify project goals and objectives
- Identify possible alignments between Ballard and downtown Seattle
- Evaluate and refine potential HCT light rail and rapid streetcar alignments and station locations
- Develop general ridership and cost estimates
- Summarize and document findings
- Present the findings to Seattle City Council and Sound Transit Board for possible future action
Sign up to receive information about the Ballard to Downtown Corridor Study, including meeting announcements at www.soundtransit.org/subscribe or visit www.soundtransit.org/ballardstudy for more information.
Michael James, Project Manager at email@example.com or (206) 386-4012.