September 18, 2009
Nighttime Asphalt Paving Scheduled for September 24th
Final paving on Stewart Street between Westlake Avenue and First Avenue is scheduled for the night of September 24th. Paving will start as early as 6:00 p.m. and will conclude at 6:00 a.m.
During this work the project team will do its best to minimize impacts to surrounding businesses and residents. Several specific steps are:
- Silencing back-up alarms on vehicles by using broadband back-up alarms.
- Breaking concrete only until 10:00 PM.
- Street sweeping to reduce dust
- Meeting with crews prior to nighttime work to emphasize the importance of taking steps to reduce noise.
- During paving, there will be periodic cross street and driveway interruptions.
- A minimum of one lane of traffic will remain open on Stewart Street. Expect some delays.
- Uniformed police officers and flaggers will be on site to offer assistance and keep vehicles moving.
Please note that some of the work is weather dependent and the schedule may be adjusted as the project moves forward.
September 15, 2009
SDOT's contractor continues to make improvements along Stewart Street and is
heading toward substantial completion by the end of September, weather
Final paving has been completed from Eastlake to Westlake. Some pavement
striping work remains for this section of Stewart Avenue, and should be
completed this week (September 14-18).
Pavement grinding has been completed between Westlake and First avenues.
For the next several weeks, SDOT's contractor will work in this section of
Stewart Street on pavement removal, base repair, concrete and asphalt paving
and pavement striping, as well as wrap up of all major construction activity
along the entire Stewart Street corridor. Expect traffic to be restricted
to one lane and/or two lanes for the remaining work on Stewart Street.
George Frost, Public Outreach Coordinator, email@example.com, (206) 615-0786