Project Update – October 21, 2010
Substantially complete October 7th, however most work completed earlier. Project had 55 Work Days in contract - 50 Working Days expended.
Project Update – September 29, 2010
Construction work along Nickerson is substantially complete.
Construction Update: August 11, 2010
Nickerson Street to be Reduced to One Lane for Repaving Work This Week
On Wednesday and Thursday August 11th and 12th Nickerson Street will be repaved between 4th Avenue N and Etruria Street. Work will begin at 7:00 p.m. Wednesday evening and continue until 5:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
Nickerson will be reduced to one lane during the paving. Two-way traffic will alternate use of the lane.
Uniformed Police Officers (UPOs) will be on-site to coordinate traffic. There will be short-term traffic restrictions on cross streets and pedestrian detours.
PROJECT UPDATE – July 26, 2010
Construction to Start Week of July 26th
As part of its 2010 Arterial, Asphalt, and Concrete (AAC) program the City of Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT), and its contractor Gary Merlino Construction, will be repaving a section of Nickerson Street in the lower Queen Anne neighborhood this summer. We will also be rechannelizing Nickerson Street to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety while accommodating traffic flows on this key arterial.
This project is primarily a pavement maintenance and traffic lane reconfiguration effort.
Tentative Construction Schedule
Construction work is scheduled to begin July 26th and continue into late August. Normal working hours will be between 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Grinding off the top layer of asphalt and repaving of the roadway is expected to occur at night and is scheduled to take a total of 3 days during the first and second weeks in August.
The tentative sequence of work is as follows:
- Last week of July – Mobilization and layout for rechannelization
- First week of August – New concrete panels at Etruria Street and new curb ramps in various locations
- Two days during the first week of August – Asphalt grinding (pavement removal)
- First and second weeks of August -- Roadway base repairs and utility adjustments
- One day later in the week of August 9 thru 13 – Asphalt pavement overlay
- First three to four weeks of August – Remove and replace channelization/pavement striping
- Last part of August – Finalize work and clean up
Bob Derry, Construction Communications Officer, email@example.com (206) 250-2865
George Frost, Public Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 615-0786
Susan Byers, Project Manager, email@example.com, (206) 733-9076