2010 Asphalt Arterial & Concrete Spot Rehabilitation
Project Update – October 21, 2010
Substantially complete October 7th. Project had 55 Work Days in contract - 50 Working Days expended.
Project Update – September 29, 2010
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is making improvements to a section of 15th Avenue S from S College Street to S Spokane Street. in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. This project will be substantially complete in early October.
- Final pavement striping (weather dependent) - - September 30; October 1
- Removal and replacement of curb ramp and sidewalk at Beacon & McClellan - - October 5-8
Project Update – August 25, 2010
Construction Continues on 15th Avenue South
This project is scheduled to continue through September 2010.
Work includes traffic lane reconfigurations with significant automobile, pedestrian and bike improvements.
Upcoming work includes:
- Resurfacing the asphalt pavement on 15 th Avenue S between Beacon Avenue S and S McClellan Street
- Contractor will be grinding the top layer of asphalt in this area August 26 th and 27 th.
- Base repair and asphalt paving are tentatively scheduled for the week of September 6 th.
- Four new curb bulbs and eight curb ramps at 15 th Avenue S and S Lander Street; and sidewalk construction at S McClellan Street and Beacon Avenue S
- This work is scheduled for the week of August 30 th.
- Re-striping travel lanes and other pavement markings (there will no parking allowed for several blocks at a time as the work progresses along 15 th Avenue S)
- This work is scheduled for mid-September and could last for up to 1½ weeks.
2010 AAC Arterial Spot Rehabilitation Project– 15th Avenue S
As part of its 2010 Arterial Asphalt and Concrete (AAC) Program, the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is planning to repave a section of 15th Avenue S in the North Beacon Hill neighborhood.
This paving project is funded by the “Bridging the Gap” transportation levy approved by Seattle voters in November 2006.
15th Avenue S, from S College Street to S Spokane Street.
This is a repaving project that includes traffic lane reconfiguration (rechannelization) with significant pedestrian and bike improvements including:
- Resurfacing the asphalt pavement on 15th Avenue S between Beacon Avenue S and S McClellan Street.
- Four new curb bulbs and eight curb ramps at 15th Avenue S and S Lander Street
- Sidewalk improvements at Beacon Avenue S and S McClellan Street.
- Two new marked crosswalks at 15th Avenue S and S Lander Street
- Pedestrian warning signs at 15th Avenue S and S McClellan Street
- Retrofitting existing ADA ramps with tactile (detectable) warning pads
- New bike facilities between S College and S Spokane streets
For additional 15th Avenue S rechannelization information, click here
Construction work is scheduled to begin in mid-July and continue through September. More detailed schedule information will be provided prior to the start of construction.
What to Expect During Work:
- Lane closures
- Pedestrian detours
- Parking and loading restrictions
- Construction noise and dust
- Regular notices with more location specific information during construction
George Frost, Public Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 615-0786
Susan Byers, Project Manager, email@example.com , (206) 733-9076
Brian Dougherty, Transportation Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 684-5124
Subscribe to E-Mail Alerts
SDOT Paving Projects List