Conceptual sketch of the public right-of-way in a neighborhood business district showing underground utilities.
- As described in Chapter 4.1.2: City of Seattle Standard Plans and Specifications, all elements of the public right-of-way shall be designed and installed according to City of Seattle Standard Plans and Specifications for Road, Bridge and Municipal Construction, most current edition. Please note that each Standard Plan includes one or more related Standard Specification references.
- The Design Criteria presented in this chapter constitute a set of requirements for the design, construction and maintenance of improvements within public rights-of-way.
- The Design Considerations presented in this chapter are not requirements, but do present information that is important to consider in the design, construction and maintenance of improvements within public rights-of-way.
- Client Assistance Memos (CAMs) developed by DPD, SDOT and SPU are available on line, and at the Applicant Service Center at DPD. Copies of SDOT’s CAMs are also available at the SDOT Street Use Counter. Get more information about the Applicant Service Center or contact them directly.
- Please note that revisions to information in this Manual and related links are completed on a regular basis; it is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure to reference the most current documents. In the case that a document has been revised more recently than the update cycle for this Manual; the most current documents supersedes the information provided in this Manual.