Rainier Neighborhood Greenway
Creating a network of family-friendly residential streets
June 10, 2015
CONSTRUCTION BEGINS SUMMER 2015
CONSTRUCCIÓN COMIENZA ESTE VERANO 2015
XÂY DỰNG BẮT ĐẦU MÙA HÈ NÀY 2015
Amharic | 中文 | 한국어 | Oromiffa | af Soomaali
Español | Tagalog | Tigrinya | Tiếng Việt
THANK YOU RAINIER VALLEY FOR HELPING US MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
This summer the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will begin construction of a neighborhood greenway on:
- 37th Avenue S between the Chief Sealth Trail/John C. Little, SR. Park and S Willow Street
- S Willow Street between 37th and 46th Avenue S
- 46th Avenue S between S Willow and S Holly Street
- S Holly Street between 46th Avenue S and 52nd Ave S
- S Morgan Street between 52nd and 57th Avenue S to Martha Washington Park
These improvements will include speed humps approximately every block, stops signs, wayfinding signs, pavement markings, and reducing the speed limit from 25 MPH to 20 MPH, as well as pavement and sidewalk repairs throughout the corridor.
Residents adjacent to construction areas will be notified in advance. Construction activities may require some temporary parking restrictions as SDOT crews complete the work tasks.
Neighborhood greenways are residential streets that are safer and more family-friendly for people walking and biking. They improve the experience for people of all ages and abilities by reducing car speeds; minimizing cut-through traffic; and enhancing crossings of busy streets.
On streets with low car volumes and speeds a greenway can:
- Improve safety
- Help people cross busy streets
- Discourage cut-through traffic
- Protect the residential character of our neighborhoods
- Keep speeds low
- Get people where they want to go like parks, schools, shops and restaurants
This project is locally funded by the nine-year voter approved Bridging the Gap Levy.
December 2014 Letter Describing Route Changes
September 2014 Open House Presentation
September 2014 Open House Comment Sheet (Due October 15, 2014)
September 2014 Open House Exhibit Boards
September 2014 Open House Announcement
June 2014 Open House Announcement
June 2014 Open House Comment Sheet (Due by June 16, 2014)
June 2014 Open House Presentation
June 2014 Open House Exhibit Boards
CÓ CÂU HỎI?
Emily Ehlers, Project Manager at Emily.Ehlers@Seattle.gov or (206) 684-8264
Adan Carrillo, Community Outreach Specialist at email@example.com or (206) 684-8105