SW Spokane St Arterial Paving Project
Updated December 12, 2016
The project to repave lower SW Spokane St between East Marginal Way and SW Klickitat, which began in early August, is now largely completed. As of this writing, the new crosswalk has yet to open and a small amount of work remains to be done to complete the bike path. This work should be completed before the holidays. In addition, some pavement markings and lane striping remain to be completed, which could be delayed until warmer and drier weather in the spring.
SDOT expresses it thanks for the patience and understanding of the area businesses that depend on this road to do their work, and who worked with us to minimize impacts while keeping construction moving forward.
- Repave street surface
- Add new pedestrian crossing (with pedestrian push button signal request) on the West Seattle Bridge Trail (west side of the intersection of SW Spokane St & Klickitat Ave SW/11th Ave SW)
- Build new and upgraded curb bulbs and curb ramps
- Replace 2 active railroad crossings
- Remove an abandoned railroad crossing
- Construct raised crosswalk on the north side of the 900 block of SW Spokane St, creating a speed bump to slow people driving as they cross the paths of people walking or biking on the West Seattle Bridge Trail
- Repair sections of sidewalk and trail where tree roots have badly cracked the surface.
Click to View
- Improved safety for all users
- Compliance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- A smoother ride
- Reduced future maintenance costs
Questions or Comments?
Paul Elliott, Project Communications Lead