Parking Sounding Board
To provide a forum for direct engagement in developing parking programs and rates, SDOT formed a Parking Sounding Board in 2011. The group is made up of a variety of representatives - from private parking operators to members of community councils and neighborhood chamber groups.
Because parking policy affects businesses, individuals, and traffic flows, the Parking Sounding Board currently provides input on parking management strategies. The Parking Sounding Board:
- Evaluates time-of-day parking pricing methods and the potential implications this would have for other parking management strategies, such as seasonal rates and event parking.
- Reviews the data and methodology from the City's annual parking study.
- Evaluates new pay station features and capabilities.
- Provides feedback concerning community engagement and public education about new parking management strategies and conditions.
- Provides feedback on other parking and curbspace management initiatives.
For more information:
Contact Becky Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 684-5104.
July 16, 2015: Agenda, Notes, Presentation
May 21, 2015: Agenda, Notes
July 10, 2014: Agenda, Notes, Presentation
February 6, 2014: Agenda, Minutes, Presentation
November 14, 2013: Agenda, Minutes, Presentation
June 21, 2013: Agenda, Minutes, Presentation
February 23, 2012: Agenda, Presentation
Oct 6, 2011: agenda, Powerpoint (pdf), meeting minutes
Sept 15, 2011: agenda, Powerpoint (pdf), meeting minutes
August 4, 2011: agenda, handout, Powerpoint (pdf), meeting minutes
July 14, 2011: agenda, summary from 6/23 expert panel, Powerpoint (pdf), meeting minutes
June 23, 2011: agenda, Video clip of San Francisco's SF Park Program, meeting minutes
June 9, 2011: agenda, Powerpoint (pdf), meeting minutes