Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation About Us Page Link to Transportation Contact Us Page
Delivering a first-rate transportation system for Seattle Scott Kubly, Director







Site Index

Restricted Parking Zone Program Home
Restricted Parking Zone program FAQs
Low-income permits
Renew Online!
- Need help creating your online account?
- Is online permitting for me?
1st-Time Applicant?
- Am I eligible?
- Apply by mail or in-person
How much does it cost?
New/Expanded Areas
2015-2018 RPZ Policy Review
2010 Program Changes
Temporary RPZ Permit
72-Hour On-Street Parking Ordinance
RPZ online permitting help
Truck Permits
Parking Home
Contact Us

Restricted Parking Zone (RPZ) Program

Apply in person or by mail

Click on the Zone number nearest your residence on the map below to see if you live on an eligible block. If you are eligible and are interested in obtaining an RPZ permit, then download the application and follow the instructions. You can also use our new lookup tool to easily see if your address is eligible for an RPZ permit

1: Montlake
2: Squire Park/Cherry Hill
3: Fauntleroy
4: Capitol Hill
5: Wallingford
6: University Park
7: First Hill
8: Eastlake
9: Magnolia
10: University District West
11: North Queen Anne
12: North Capitol Hill
13: Lower Queen Anne
14: Central District
15: Belmont/Harvard
16: Mount Baker
17: North Beacon Hill
18: Licton Springs
19: Roosevelt
20: Ravenna/Bryant
21: Pike/Pine
22: Wallingford/Lincoln HS
23: Madison Valley
24: Cascade
25: Westlake East
26: Upper Queen Anne
27: Fremont
28: Beacon Hill
29: Columbia City
30: Othello
31: Rainier Beach
A: Montlake /Husky Game Days
B: Ravenna/Laurelhurst Husky Game Days

How do I apply for a permit?

To obtain an RPZ permit you must have:

  • A completed application form (click on your zone on the map above to find the link to download the application).
  • Current proof of residency showing your name and address, dated within the last 30 days. This can be a bill, bank statement, lease or rental agreement, rent receipt, or any properly dated business type mail other than mail from our office.
  • A copy of your current Washington State Vehicle Registration. Your vehicle must be registered with the Washington State Department of Licensing (WA DOL) in your name and at your address. To change your address online, visit: Titles, temporary registrations and bills of sale are not accepted. Out-of-state registration is accepted only for active duty military personnel providing proof of their status, or out-of-state students providing proof of non-resident status.
  • Check or Money Order, made out to the City of Seattle. If applying in person, we also accept cash, Visa and Mastercard.

Mail application and materials to:

Seattle Department of Transportation
Traffic Permits
PO Box 34996
Seattle, WA 98124-4996

Please allow 7 to 10 days for us to process your order and for return mail.

If you want to visit us in person:

We are available to assist you Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.  The Traffic Permits Counter is located on the 37th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower (formerly Key Tower) at 700 Fifth Avenue (at Columbia Street) in downtown Seattle.


Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | News | FAQs | E-Mail Alerts