New Smart Parking Pay Station coming to Seattle!
First 2015 installation: Pioneer Square
Citywide pay station replacement: 2015 - 2016
Meet our new pay stations in this fun video!
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is pleased to partner with the IPS Group, the city’s new parking pay station vendor. IPS is an industry leader in smart parking technology.
New technology will provide:
- A higher level of customer service and communications reliability
- Credit card transactions will be faster
- Swipe credit card readers will allow the user to maintain control of their card
- New back-office software will improve our ability to detect problems remotely and fix them faster
- Changes to rates can be made wirelessly from the office instead of downloaded manually at each machine
- New pay stations will allow for “time of day” pricing, to allow for lower parking rates in the morning or other times of less demand
For additional information, please see the Fact Sheet here.
For the current installation schedule, please see Installation Schedule here.
Questions? Please e-mail DOT_paystations@seattle.gov