Keeping Seattle Moving
Ninth Avenue becomes two-way with bike and parking lanes
The following improvements are being made along Ninth Avenue. Continue scrolling down to see a project map.
From Mercer Street to Denny Way expect:
- One vehicle travel lane in each direction.
- Repainted crosswalks in some areas.
From Republican Street to Denny Way expect:
- New northbound bicycle lane.
- New southbound bicycle lane being phased in when construction on the west side is completed.
- Parking lanes in both directions.
From Broad Street to Mercer Street:
- Final street design will be one travel lane and two left turning lanes in the southbound direction and one northbound travel lane.
Along Bell Street from Eight Avenue to Denny Way expect:
- A new eastbound bicycle lane on the south side of Bell Street to provide access across Denny Way to Ninth Avenue.
- New signalized bicycle crossing at Denny Way.
- A wide lane with double yellow striping to seperate bicyclists from motorists.
- New signs guiding cyclists to major destinations are being installed in South Lake Union and Denny Triangle as part of the 234 miles of signed bike routes identified in Seattle’s Bicycle Master Plan.
Click Here to view a larger version of the map.
Questions? Send an email to Mike Morris-Lent at Mike.MorrisLent@Seattle.gov, or call 206.684.5727.