Access Seattle Initiative
Construction Hub Coordination Program: Requirements
October 14, 2014
REQUIREMENTS FOR HUB PROJECTS
If publicly or privately led construction is within a Construction Hub, the Construction Hub Program will help manage the project through the end of construction-in line with program objectives. Coordination is critical, potentially impacting permit approvals.
PROJECT INFORMATION SHOULD BE SENT TO:
See below for specific requirements for projects within a Construction Hub.
ALASKAN WAY VIADUCT CONSTRUCTION HUBS
For new and existing projects:
- Coordination with the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and SDOT is required 3 weeks prior to beginning work.
Contact: Ken Ewalt |206-684-4995
NON-ALASKAN WAY VIADUCT CONSTRUCTION HUBS
For new projects:
The following information will be required for review prior to beginning work in SDOT right-of-way.
- Approved or pending Construction Management Plan - If one was required by the Department of Planning and Development (DPD)
- Approved or pending Haul Route Plan
- Project schedule by phase by frontage per the Project Schedule Template Spreadsheet
- Construction Use Permit Application and Construction Use Additional Frontage Form if needed
- Construction Use Site Plan per the example provided
- Traffic Control Plan if work is on an arterial street, or within the High Impact Area as shown on the Construction Hub Boundary Map
- Pedestrian Mobility by Frontage by Phase information noting how construction methods comply with the SDOT Pedestrian Mobility in and around Work Zones Director’s Rule 1-2011
- Confirmation of Project Information Outreach to businesses, residents and stakeholders within a one block radius of the project
- Confirmation of notification of construction impacts to businesses, residents and stakeholders within a one block radius of the project at least 72 hours prior to beginning work
For Existing Projects:
Permit update requests must be sent to SDOTConstructionHub@seattle.gov with the following information:
- Permit number(s)
- Start date and duration for each use and for each space requiring an update
(duration in 10-day increments)
- Revised Construction Use Site Plan or TCP
(if the scope of work has changed)
Construction Hub Team E-mail: SDOTConstructionHub@seattle.gov
Key contacts for residents and businesses concerned with construction:
- Site Coordinator Ken Ewalt for construction related concerns in Center City area, Alaskan Way Viaduct, North Westlake and South Lake Union hubs | 206.684.4995 or SDOTConstructionHub@Seattle.gov
- Site Coordinator Wayne Gallup for construction related concerns in West Seattle, Capitol Hill and Ballard hubs | 206.681.6099 or SDOTConstructionHub@Seattle.gov
- Business Liaison James Kelly for business impact concerns in all hubs | 206.684.8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Program Contacts:
- Melody Berry – Supervisor
- Elizabeth Weber – Project Coordinator
- Emily Spahn – Project Coordinator
- Construction Hub Team E-mail: SDOTConstructionHub@seattle.gov
If you need this information translated, please call (206) 733-9990.
Si necesita traducir esta información al español, llame al (206) 733-9990.
如果您需要此信息翻譯成中文，請致電 (206) 733-9990
한국어로 번역된 정보가 필요하시면 다음 으로 전화하십시오 (206) 733-9990.
Kung kailangan mo ang impormasyon na ito na nakasalin sa Tagalog, mangyari lamang na tumawag sa (206) 733-9990.
Haddii aad u baahan tahay warbixintan oo Soomaali ku turjuman, fadlan la hadal (206) 733-9990.
Nếu quý vị cần thông tin này chuyển ngữ sang tiếng Việt, xin gọi (206)733-9990.