Large Neighborhood Street Fund (NSF) Projects:
Ravenna Ave NE
Ravenna Avenue NE is a principal arterial street that provides local connections to schools, parks, retail, and transit connections to downtown Seattle. With no sidewalks on this road between NE 85th and 92nd Streets, pedestrians walk along the shoulder to access transit or walk to school and bicyclists must share the travel lanes with buses and other vehicles.
Residents of this community have been advocating for improvements to this segment of Ravenna Avenue NE since 2002 and successfully obtained funding through the Neighborhood Street Fund in 2010. This project will significantly improve mobility and enhance safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, and vehicular traffic along the Ravenna corridor.
Ravenna Ave NE between NE 85 and 92nd Streets
- Six-foot wide concrete sidewalk on the west side of the street.
- Preserve the existing tree canopy To minimize impacts to existing trees and landscaping, no planting strip will be provided between the sidewalk and the curb. Instead the existing plantings will remain on the backside of the sidewalk.
- The street width will remain 22 feet. A five-foot bicycle lane on the west side of the street will be added.
- Due to the narrow street width, no on-street parking will be allowed on the west side of the street.
- No changes will be made on the east side of the street, other than bicycle sharrows that will be installed on the northbound lane.
2011 Winter: 100% Design
Early 2012: Advertise for construction
2012 Spring/Summer: Construction Begins
Thérèse Casper, Neighborhood Street Fund Program Manager, email@example.com, (206) 684-8764.