Pedestrian Safety Improvements: Lake City Way NE and 24th Ave NE
Last Updated: September 28, 2015
This project has reached substantial completion. Drivers and residents may notice crews making adjustments to the new signal and finishing landscape work over the next few weeks.
click to view larger
As part of the improvements that were recommended by community plans in the Lake City Way Traffic Safety Project. Project elements included:
Project elements include:
- New sidewalks on both 24th Avenue NE and Lake City Way NE
- Curb bulb on the southwest corner of NE 104th Way and Lake City Way NE
- Crosswalk and signal improvements at the intersection of 24th Avenue NE and Lake City Way NE
- Bus stop improvements on Lake City Way NE
- Accessible curb ramps at the intersections of 24th Avenue NE and Lake City Way NE and NE 104th Way and Lake City Way NE
- Storm drain improvements
The goal of these pedestrian safety improvements is to help make Lake City safer and more comfortable for multiple travel modes. The work may include:
- Smoother and better access to sidewalks from the roadway for all users
- Improved pedestrian crossings
- Increased safety for all roadway users
This work is funded by the nine-year voter approved Bridging the Gap Levy.
Construction began in June 2015 and reached substantial completion in September 2015.
Call Sandy Lam at 206-615-1075