Seattle Historic Tours -- International District

Click any point above or click
Previous Point | Next Point

10. Maynard Avenue S and S King Street

This intersection is the center of the International District. The Hing Hay Park takes up the northwest corner behind the Bush Hotel. It was dedicated in 1975 and features an ornate pavilion built in Taiwan. The northeast corner of Maynard is filled by the large Atlas Hotel, built in 1920.

The Rex Hotel on the southeast corner of Maynard S and S King Street was designed by F. H. Perkins in 1909 and recently remodeled for low-income housing. It is also home to the venerable Tai Tung Restaurant, established in 1935 and the district's oldest continuously operating eatery. The southwest corner is occupied by the Alps Hotel, built in 1910 and designed by John Graham Sr. and his early partner David Myers.


Back to Historic Districts Tours

Produced by www.HistoryLink.org for the City of Seattle, Office of Economic Development, Tourism Division

Maynard Avenue S and S King Street
Courtesy Walt Crowley

Maynard Avenue S and S King Street
Courtesy Walt Crowley

Maynard Avenue S and S King Street
Courtesy Walt Crowley