Free Internet Access for Organizations
Access for All: high-speed cable broadband program
The City of Seattle offers free high speed internet connections and services to eligible organizations and locations located in the City of Seattle. We are able to do this through partnership and franchise agreements we have with Comcast. These connections to local organizations are provided as part of our effort to ensure that residents have access to essential services and the information technology skills necessary for employment, lifelong learning, civic engagement and cultural participation.
To be eligible you must be:
- A non-profit organization;
- Providing computer and internet access and/or training to technology underserved residents;
- Located in the city of Seattle; and
- In a location that is serviceable by Comcast.
The following are not eligible for this service:
- Individual businesses, religious organizations, political groups, and universities;
- Hospitals (though community health clinics are eligible); or
- Private schools, unless at least 75% of the student body are free or reduced school lunch eligible or willing to provide at least 10 hours per week of advertised public access.
The City reserves the right of final determination of eligibility based on our priorities for service delivery and the need to ration a limited number of connections. We also reserve the right to modify these guidelines.
Here is how to apply for service if you meet the above requirement:
- If you already have a user account with Webgrants, sign in at: http://webgrants.seattle.gov
- If you are a first time user, you will need to register online and wait for a confirmation
- Watch this PowerPoint presentation: Cable Broadband User Guide
- Complete and submit your application
- You'll be notified when the cable company will be installing. Sometimes they need to do a site survey before installation can be scheduled. Installation is normally within 60 days, however, there can be problems that delay this, especially if construction is needed.
If you have questions about this program, contact Derrick Hall at email@example.com or call him at 206-233-5061.