Building Owner Rights
Building Owners ~ Property Managers ~ HOA Members
Know Your Rights When Negotiating Cable Service Contracts
On April 27, 2015, the City hosted nationally recognized cable and telecommunications expert Ken Fellman for an educational seminar on building owners, property managers and homeowners association members rights when negotiating cable service contracts for their buildings.
The seminar covered new language in Seattle's Cable Code that relates to service for multiple dwelling unit buildings and helped answer questions like:
- What happens when your current cable contract expires?
- How are service contracts and right-of-entry agreements different?
- Do you have to sign a long-term cable service agreement?
- Can you negotiate with the cable operator?
- Who really owns the cable wiring in your building?