Goals for a Technology Healthy Community
The City and people of Seattle want to build a technology healthy community where information and communications technology:
- enhances our local economy
- furthers educational opportunities
- is applied to solving social issues
- is used to foster civic participation
- promotes relationship building and community development
- supports the sustainability of our quality of life, and
- is affordable and distributed equitably.
This is a summary of goals for appropriate
and healthy use of information technology. These were
developed from the values arrived at by those
participating in our Indicators project development. For a
full list of the values and concerns discussed see the public
The Information Technology Indicators Project is part of the City of Seattle Department of Information Technology Community Technology Program in cooperation with the volunteer Citizens Telecommunications and Technology Advisory Board (CTTAB).