May 5, 2004
6:00 - 8:00 PM
Location: City Hall
601 5th Avenue
Boards and Commissions Room, Room L280
6:00 - 6:30 Welcome and Introductions
· Approval of April's meeting minutes.
· Identification of meeting minute-taker.
News & views / Around the room
- Bikesummer - Kari Mosden
- SBAB bikeability tours:
- NE sector tour - Stephanie Innis and Sunny Knott
- SE Seattle City Council presentation - Emily Allen
6:30 - 7:15
Sound Transit: Downtown construction impacts - construction related to Sound Transit's Link Light Rail route under downtown is underway. The major elements of this work include closing the transit tunnel for retrofit in September 2005, shifting bus routes, improving downtown streets and sidewalks, and building an extension to the existing tunnel - the Pine Street stub tunnel. Each of these activities could impact bicyclists' mobility through downtown.
Jonathan Layzer, Sound Transit Program Manager for SDOT, Rebecca Roush, Sound Transit Community Relations Specialist, and Liz Krenzel, King County Department of Transportation Project Manager will discuss and answer questions relating to each of these elements.
7:15 - 8:00
Other Board Business - Updates will be given on the following projects:
- Fremont Bridge Approaches Replacement Project: May 12th Open House; Review of 60% plans.
- Monorail - April 26th public hearing
- Regional Bike Routes - Emily and Kari
- SBAB Vice-Chair position
-12th Ave bike facility