January 7, 2004
6:00 - 8:00 PM
Location: City Hall
601 5th Avenue
Boards and Commissions Room, Room L280
6:00 - 6:30 Welcome and Introductions
· Approval of last month's minutes.
· Identification of meeting minute-taker.
News & Views / Around the room
· Jan 11 SBAB ride
· New Year cards for councilmembers
· bicycle fuel efficiency (885 mpg) calculation explanation by John Mauro
Board Business 6:30 - 8:00
Five Guiding Principles to a Bikeable Seattle - Discuss and approve a one page summary.
Fremont Bridge Approaches Replacement Project - Emily Allen has been meeting with Rob Gorman, SDOT project manager, discussing bicycling issues associated with this project. Emily will update the board and discuss action items.
Budget - Emily will discuss two upcoming budget issues:
1) 2004 Budget Adjustment - the State Supreme Court ruled last November that a street light tax is unconstitutional, resulting in an unanticipated revenue shortfall in 2004 of at least $6 million. The City will be adjusting the budget as a result, with the potential for more cuts to SDOT. See the following articles for additional information:
2) Emily will discuss issues associated with the 2005-2006 budget cycle.
Seattle Monorail Project - identify SBAB lead, and discuss next steps.
Pavement management and street sweeping projects - the SBAB will discuss reviving these projects initiated by previous boardmembers.
Bikesummer - Boardmembers will discuss how the SBAB could be involved in Bikesummer 2004, which will be held in Seattle this year. http://www.bikesummer.org/2004/history/history.php.