Central Building, 810 3rd Avenue Suite 750, Seattle, WA98104-1627
/ Home / Resources
Key RSJI Documents
2013 RSJI Community Survey: In November 2013, RSJI surveyed Seattle residents for their perspectives on race and equity.
- 2013 RSJI Community Survey
- RSJI Survey Appendix
- Report: Racial Equity in Seattle 2012-14
- RSJI Accomplishments 2009-2011
- RSJI Summary
- RSJI Goals & Accomplishments
- RSJ Community Roundtable
- The Racial Equity Toolkit is designed to assist departments to analyze the racial equity impact of policies, programs, initiatives and budget issues.
- RSJI Three Year Plan 2012-2014 - An assessment of RSJI's last three years, and a description of the Initiative's three-year plan.
- Race and Social Justice Initiative Summary - A two-page overview of the Race and Social Justice Initiative.
- RSJI Our Approach - A summary of the Initiative's goals and strategies, along with a capsule history.
- RSJI 2012 Survey of Seattle City Employees
Every two years the Seattle Office for Civil Rights conducts a survey of Seattle City employees. The RSJI 2012 Employee Survey has three primary goals:
- Assess employee understanding and skill of institutional and structural racism.
- Gain understanding of how departments are building racial equity into programs, policies, initiatives and budget decisions.
- Track progress over time.
- RSJI 2012 Employee Survey: Summary Report
- RSJI 2012 Employee Survey: Full Report
- RSJI 2012 Employee Survey: PowerPoint presentation
- Report 2008: Looking Back, Moving Forward (full-length report)
- 2008 RSJI Overview (executive summary)
- RSJI E-news and Archive
What We Teach
- RSJI Training and Education - A description of the training and education available to Seattle City employees.
- Training overview: Race: the Power of an Illusion - eight-hour training for City of Seattle employees.
- Defining racism - definitions of personal, institutional and structural racism.
- Dropped out / Pushed Out exercise - a training exercise to recognize different forms of racism.
- Seattle Disparities 2011 - Does racism play a factor in the quality of life and access to opportunities and services in Seattle?
- Why Lead with Race? - An explanation for RSJI's focus on race, and its relationship to other forms of inequity.
- RSJI Organization Chart - a chart that shows the connections of RSJI within Seattle City government.
- City Council Resolution: November 30, 2009 - Seattle City Council's resolution of support for RSJI.
RSJ Community Roundtable
Other RSJI Documents
- Mayor's Executive Order 4/23/10: Outreach to Women and Minority Owned Businesses Mayor McGinn issued Executive Order 2010-5 on April 23, 2010 concerning outreach to women and minority businesses. The Order strengthens the City's commitment utilize women and minority owned businesses, and outlines steps for departments to ensure Citywide accountability.
- City Council Resolution Directing Race and Social Justice Work to Continue (Full text of Council Resolution 31164)
- Report 2008: Looking Back, Moving Forward (Long Report)
- 2008 RSJI Overview (Executive Summary)