General Policy Information
Latest Revision Date: 9/17/2014
Title 1 - Department Administration
Title 2 - Department Employment
Title 3 - Employee Welfare
Title 4 - Human Resources
Title 5 - Employee Conduct
Title 6 - Arrests, Search and Seizure
Title 7 - Evidence and Property
Title 8 - Use of Force
Title 9 - Equipment and Uniforms
Title 10 - Police Facilities & Security
Title 11 - Detainee Management
Title 12 - Department Information Systems
Title 13 - Vehicle Operations
Title 14 - Emergency Operations
Title 15 - Primary Investigation
Title 16 - Patrol Operations
Effective Date: 1/15/2014
- The suspect is unknown and there is a crime scene
- There is a serious injury to a victim 12-years old or younger
- Officers will record in the GO if the suspect was interviewed, given Miranda and if an attorney was requested.
- Whether sexual penetration occurred;
- The identification of the suspect if known;
- Whether there was forcible compulsion.
- The prior conviction can be from out-of-state
- If there is a prior conviction, the suspect is booked for Investigation of Indecent Exposure
Note: If the victim is at the hospital, checks with the hospital staff to determine if the release is already signed.
Exception: If the victim’s clothing is collected by the hospital, the clothing stays with the hospital for pick-up by SAU who will place it into Evidence.