1.100 – Ticket Audits
Effective Date: 01/16/2013
This policy applies when the Audit, Policy and Research Section (APR)
initiates monthly ticket audits per RCW
1. APR Shall Audit Tickets from Each Precinct and the Traffic
Section Twice a Year
Each of the five precincts and traffic will be audited twice a year.
Watch Lieutenants shall record the results of the inspection on an SPD
The memorandum shall be reviewed by the precinct/section captain and
retained at the precinct for the current plus previous year.
3. Precinct/Section Captains Shall Perform Unit Ticket Inspections
Twice a year, at least 120 days apart, the precinct/section captain shall
inspect the unit ticket procedures to include:
- Accuracy of the Ticket Book Register
- Security of the precinct LEA copy storage file.
- Completion and retention of watch lieutenant inspection memorandums.
The precinct/section captain shall complete an SPD memorandum documenting
these inspections and retain with the watch lieutenant inspection
1.100-PRO-1 Unit Ticket
1. Selects two officers under their command.
2. Checks first 10 tickets of one criminal citation and one
notice of infraction book currently issued to the officers.
3. Collects memorandums of explanation for any missing
ticket LEA copies.
4. Drafts an SPD memorandum documenting the results of the
5. Submits the memo to the precinct/section captain.
6. Collects all memorandums monthly from each Watch
7. Retains memorandums in a centralized location.