Tips for Kids to Play it Safe!
WHEN YOU ARE RIDING A BIKE
- Wear light or bright color clothes when riding.
- Always wear your helmet when you're riding.
- Ride with a friend or your parents.
- Have a headlight and reflectors on your bike.
- Learn and obey the traffic rules.
WHEN YOU ARE SWIMMING
- Before you go around water, you should know how to swim.
- When you do swim, do it with a friend or your family.
- If you're going to dive, do it in deep water.
- When you just learned how to swim it's best to stay in shallow water.
- If you're not a good swimmer, wear a life jacket near the water.
- Always wear a life jacket when you're in a boat even if you're a good swimmer.
WHEN YOU ARE ON THE COMPUTER
- Tell your parents that you are going on-line.
- If someone says something that you don't like tell your parents.
- Don't go to a private chatroom without your parents.
- Never tell anyone on-line your name, address or phone number.