Apply to Become a Police Officer
Applying and testing to become a police officer is a multi-step process.
Next testing date is April 8th, 2017. Application closes March 24th, 2017 at 4:00PM PST.
Register with the City Personnel System
- To apply online you first need to register an account with the City Personnel NeoGov System.
- If you have applied for any jobs using a NeoGov account before (King County or Washington State) you are already in the system and can login using that account.
- Once you have a NeoGov account, you can use it to apply for other city jobs.
Find & Apply for a Job
- You apply for a Police Officer job like any other city job, through the City Personnel Job Opportunities section.
- Once in the Job Opportunities page, you will need to find the job called "Police Officer Lateral Entry)". The quickest way to find this job is through the Search field. Or under "select a department," you can choose "Seattle Police Department-Civil Service".
Screening & Testing Schedule
- After you have applied for the job, you will be screened for employment eligibility by the personnel department before they can be scheduled for testing.
- If you make it through the initial screening, you will receive an email with instructions on test scheduling.
Fill Out the Personal History Information Packet
The Seattle Police Department is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its workforce. At SPD we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.