APPLY TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER
Applying and testing to become a police officer is a multi-step process.
Next testing date is October 4th, 2014
NOTE: IF YOU TOOK THE JULY 12th TEST, YOU CANNOT TAKE THE JULY TEST.
CIVIL SERVICE REQUIRES 6 MONTHS BETWEEN EXAMS.
REGISTER WITH THE CITY PERSONNEL SYSTEM
- To apply online you first need to register an account with the City Personnel NeoGov System.
- If you have applied for any jobs using a NeoGov account before (King County or Washington State) you are already in the system and can login using that account.
- Once you have a NeoGov account, you can use it to apply for other city jobs.
FIND & APply fOR A JOB
- You apply for a Police Officer job like any other city job, through the City Personnel Job Opportunities section.
- Once in the Job Opportunities page, you will need to find the job called "Police Officer (Entry Level)". The quickest way to find this job is through the Search field. Or under "select a department," you can choose "Seattle Police Department-Civil Service".
SCREENING and TEST SCHEDULING
- After you have applied for the job, you will be screened for employment eligibility by the personnel department before they can be scheduled for testing.
- If you make it through the initial screening, you will receive an email with instructions on test scheduling.
FILL OUT THE PERSONAL HISToRY INFORMATION PACKET
- The personal history information (PHI) packet contains important paperwork to get your SPD background investigation started.
- After you have been scheduled to take the test, you should download and begin to fill out the PHI:
- After passing the Physical Ability portion of the exam, you will immediately turn in the completed PHI.