Long Term Care Insurance
If you have not yet enrolled in the City’s Group Long-Term Care Insurance plan with Prudential, you must apply by June 30, 2013 if you are interested in doing so. After June 30, Prudential will not accept any applications. (If you are already enrolled in the plan with Prudential (or John Hancock), your Guaranteed Renewable coverage will continue past June 30, 2013, as long as you continue to pay your premiums or you are eligible for benefits.)
Long Term Care Insurance coverage is available to your spouse/domestic partner, parents and parents-in-law, grandparents and grandparents-in-law, siblings and their spouses, children and their spouses (all must be age 18 or older). Family members can enroll at any time, but must provide proof of good health (form included in the enrollment kit). Family members can enroll even if you choose not to accept coverage.
If you enroll within 31 days from your date of hire and by June 30, 2013, you will be guaranteed coverage without medical underwriting. Acceptance of applications from late entrants and all other qualified family members is subject to full medical underwriting. Enroll by June 30, 2013 at prudential.com/gltcweb/seattle.
The Long Term Care Insurance plan covers services such as:
- Skilled, intermediate, and custodial nursing home care;
- Therapy ordered by a physician and provided by a registered nurse or other qualified health care professional, and
- Assistance with the activities of daily living, such as bathing, eating, or dressing, provided by formal or informal caregivers.
Our plan provides options that can make coverage more affordable, including:
- Choice of daily maximum benefit amount from $100 to $300; and
- Inflation protection or future purchase option.
If you’d like more information, you can:
Note: Member of Local 77, Local 2898 and SPOG are not eligible to participate in this program.