Dependent Eligibility Verification
The City is implementing a dependent eligibility verification process. This process will help us make sure we are using City benefit dollars appropriately, operating our benefit program in accordance with federal tax law and industry practices, using taxpayer and ratepayer dollars wisely, and treating all employees consistently and fairly.
All employees covering dependents -- spouse, domestic partner, children -- on City medical, dental and/or vision benefits should have received a letter from Aon Hewitt describing the process. Thank you for looking for your documents and submitting them by July 31 to Aon Hewitt.
Aon Hewitt is the firm the City has selected to handle the documentation verification process. They were selected by the City because of their rigorous data security measures and commitment to excellent customer service.
The City wants every eligible dependent to stay on City benefits. If you find the Aon Hewitt letter hard to understand or need additional assistance, please let Aon Hewitt know. They can offer Language Line services (177 languages) if you would prefer to speak with them in a language other than English. They are also available to translate any non-English documentation if needed.
Call Aon Hewitt at 1-800-725-5810 if you:
- Have any questions
- Didn't receive a letter
- Need help logging into the web site
- Are having or anticipate having any issues finding your documents
- Need assistance in a non-English language (help available in 177 languages)
Ways to submit documents to Aon Hewitt:
- Secure Fax: 1-877-965-9555 (please use your unique Fax cover sheet in your letter and posted on your online account at www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-info under Contacts showing the scan/bar code). Call Aon Hewitt at 1-800-725-5810 if you need assistance)
- Mail: Aon Hewitt Dependent Verification Center, P.O. Box 1414, Lincolnshire, IL 60069-1414 (please include a page from your letter or from your letter posted online at www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-info showing your unique scan/bar code). Call Aon Hewitt at 1-800-725-5810 if you need assistance)
- Online Upload: www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-info (use your Login Name and Password from your letter; call Aon Hewitt at 1-800-725-5810 if you need assistance)
Previous City Communications:
If you need additional help contacting Aon Hewitt, please call your department's Human Resources staff or the City Benefits Unit (206-615-1340), or email the Benefits Unit: Benefits.email@example.com.