Lake Union Park History
Address: 860 Terry Ave. N » directions
For more information, contact: (206) 684-7331 | Victoria.Schoenburg@seattle.gov
Naval Reserve Center, Seattle
- 1882: Western Mill was built on South Lake Union near the site of Naval Reserve Center.
- 1937: Naval Reserve Center (Building 10) was designed by B. Marcus Priteca and built in Art Deco style.
- July 1, 2000: US Navy conveyed the deed to its five acres of land to Seattle Parks and Recreation.
- February 28, 2007: Lake Union Park Phase One groundbreaking ceremony
- September 24 and 25, 2010: Lake Union Park Grand Opening
September 22, 2010