Seattle Parks and Recreation Jesús Aguirre, Superintendent
  Parks   Centers & Pools Activities Reservations & Permits Projects & Planning A - Z Index
A-Z Park List
Search Parks by Feature
Fields & Athletic Facilities
Children's Play Areas
Off-Leash Areas
Park History
Park Rangers
Smoking Ban
Seattle Parks and Recreation

Plymouth Pillars Park

Address: 1050 Pike St, 98101 (Map It)
Seattle Parks and Recreation Information:
(206) 684-4075 | Contact Us TTY Phone: (206) 233-1509


Click on the link to see Goat Renter Guy, one of Pemcos endearing Northwest stereotypes, at Plymouth Pillars Park.

Click to skip down to:



6 a.m. - 10 p.m.


Located at the base of Capitol Hill on the Pike-Pine corridor, Plymouth Pillars Park features a close-up panoramic view of urban center of Seattle. The newly renovated park features a dog off-leash area, benches, a pedestrian corridor and public art.

Acreage: 0.6


This park was constructed by the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) in 1966 as part of the construction of I-5.

The four limestone columns were donated to the City by John Hauberg - a local builder and art collector. They originally stood at the entrance to the Plymouth Congregational Church. The building, demolished in March 1966, was located at the southwest corner of 6th Avenue and University Street. The columns were dedicated at their new location in the park on October 24, 1967.

Thanks to the efforts of the Pike-Pine Urban Neighborhood Council (P-PUNC), several over-sized urns from the old Music Hall Theatre are also display in the park.

To learn more about Seattle Parks and Recreation, including historic landmarks, military base reuse, and the Sherwood History Files, view our Park History.


In our large parks and recreation system, we could not do what we do without you.
» volunteer in a park!


Pro Parks Levy
- Park improvements

Vegetation Management Plan
- Viewpoints Vegetation Management Plan

Plymouth Congregational Church stood on 6th Ave between Seneca and University Streets. Photo SEA1858 courtesy of Manuscripts, Special Collections, University Archives, University of Washington Libraries.

 Home | Partnerships | Park Board | Volunteer | FAQ | Parkways Parkways Icon | Facebook Facebook Icon | @SeattleParks Twitter Icon | Flickr Flickr Icon