Seattle Parks and Recreation Information:
(206) 684-4075 | Contact Us TTY Phone: (206) 233-1509
Click to skip down to:
4 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
ABOUT THE PARK
This park is a really cool urban oasis of forest and running water. It offers the visitor a trip down it's hiking trails to enjoy the natural setting and to retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life.Acreage: 35.8
Lakeridge Park was named in 1947 by The Seattle Planning Commission. The parks was once known as "Deadhorse Canyon", named in 1909 by homesteaders Chas J. Walker upon the death and dehydration of a horse which had long roamed the area and been a pet of pioneer children. Walker helped log this area for the Taylor Sawmill on the beach just to the east. George Kinnear was the original owner of the property.
To learn more about Seattle Parks and Recreation, including historic landmarks, military base reuse, and the Sherwood History Files, view our Park History.
( RETURN TO TOP )
In our large parks and recreation system, we could not do what we do without you.
PROJECTS & PLANNING