Seattle Parks and Recreation Information:
(206) 684-4075 | Contact Us TTY Phone: (206) 233-1509
Click to skip down to:
4 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
ABOUT THE PARK
This park sits on Beacon Hill just north of the Dearborn Park Elementary School and just east of a clovered, dandelioned swath of grass towering with City Light’s power lines. Area children have been at work carving out trails through the leafy wilds here, while bike trails provide evidence of some more uses for the park. Two graveled and lighted pathways extend through the park, while a play area and softball field wait nearby.
Park named in honor of donors: Mr. and Mrs. George F. Dearborn. He was a member of the realty firm of H.H. Dearborn & Co. In 1887 the area was in pioneer town of Somerville and park was named “Somerville Park” until 1907 when district was annexed to Seattle. Somerville was founded in 1872 by Chas. Waters from Somerville, MA.
To learn more about Seattle Parks and Recreation, including historic landmarks, military base reuse, and the Sherwood History Files, view our Park History.
( RETURN TO TOP )
In our large parks and recreation system, we could not do what we do without you.