Dr. Blanche Lavizzo Park
Seattle Parks and Recreation Information:
(206) 684-4075 | Contact Us TTY Phone: (206) 233-1509
Click to skip down to:
6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
ABOUT THE PARK
Dr. Blanche Lavizzo Park is a narrow park that connects S Jackson St. and E Yesler Way. Its many oak, poplar, and other shade trees give the park a sense of seclusion even though there are houses and apartments on its east and west sides. The park also features a large grassy area with picnic tables and grills, a picnic shelter with fireplace, a long shelter house, a bricked open area with benches, and a small amphitheater used for free summertime concerts and plays.
In October 1991, the Yesler Atlantic Pedestrian Pathway was renamed the Dr. Blanche Lavizzo Park in honor of Blanche Sellers Lavizzo (1925–1984), the first medical director of Odessa Brown Clinic for children. Dr. Lavizzo served the people of Seattle and especially the Central Area, and coined the clinic’s motto, “Quality care with dignity.”
To learn more about Seattle Parks and Recreation, including historic landmarks, military base reuse, and the Sherwood History Files, view our Park History.
( RETURN TO TOP )
In our large parks and recreation system, we could not do what we do without you.