Major Maintenance Project Information
Play Area Safety Program
Various (See links at right)
- Discovery Park, Lincoln Park and Salmon Bay Park Play Areas: Older ziplines will be replaced with new ziplines certified as meeting current ASTM safety standards.
2014 Projects Completed:
- Cal Anderson Park Play Area: Safety surfacing was replaced with synthetic Playground Grass safety surfacing.
- Cowen Park Play Area: Older zipline was replaced with a new zipline certified as meeting current ASTM safety standards.
- Judkins Park Play Area: New safety surfacing was installed.
- Woodland Park Play Area: Purchased a new swing set meeting current ASTM safety standards.
Four play areas have been selected for safety upgrades for 2013 and 2014.
- Salmon Bay Park Play Area: Replace zipline with new one with safety features.
- Mount Baker Play Area: Replace sand surfacing with Engineered Wood Fiber safety surfacing.
- Lincoln Play Area (2014): Remove outdated zipline and replace with new one with added safety features.
- Cowen Park Play Area (2014): Remove old zipline and replace with updated one with added safety features.
To view a PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it for free at www.adobe.com.
January 27, 2015