Parks and Green Spaces Levy
206-733-9319 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Skip down to:
2012/2013 Opportunity Fund
The Opportunity Fund provides $15 million in funding for community initiated park development or property acquisition projects. Parks allocated approximately $8 million towards projects in the 2012/2013 funding cycle of the Opportunity Fund.
The Oversight Committee developed a final funding recommendation list. Click here to view the list. This is the result of open houses, presentations, view trips, public hearings and much committee discussion.
With guidance from Seattle City Council, the Levy Oversight Committee developed criteria for the 2012/2013 Opportunity Fund appropriations. This criteria was used for evaluating, nominating, and recommending a package of projects.
Opportunity Fund Timeline
- October 2011/January 2012 – Development of Draft Criteria (Approved at the January meeting)
- February/March 2012 – Staff Development of Scoring Guide & On-line Application
- April/May 2012 – Technical Assistance Workshops for Potential Proposals
- June 11, 2012 – Project Proposal Letters Due
- June/July/September 2012 – Technical Assistance Workshops for Potential Applications
- June 28, 2012, Jefferson Community Center
- July 24, 2012, High Point Community Center
- September 5, 2012, Greenwood Library
- September 17, 2012 – Full Project Applications Due
- November 2012 – Staff recommendations to Levy Oversight Committee
- November 26, 2012, Parks Headquarters
- January 2013 – Open House and Project Presentations by Proponents to the Levy Oversight Committee
- January 23, 2013 South Shore School
- January 28, 2013 Northgate Community Center
- February 2013
- February 9, 2013 – Site tour by Levy Oversight Committee of top projects
- February 25, 2013 - Discussion of Revised Staff Recommendations and Initial Prioritization of Projects
- March 18, 2013 – Levy Oversight Committee Draft Funding Recommendations
- Public Hearing on Project Funding Recommendations –
- May 20, 2013 – Levy Oversight Committee Final Project Funding Recommendations to Mayor and City Council
- May/June 2013 – Legislation prepared
- August 9, 2013 – Parks and Neighborhoods Committee approves project funding recommendations
- September 2013 – Full City Council approval of Project Funding Recommendations
The Levy Citizens Oversight Committee finalized their recommendations for both rounds of Opportunity Fund projects. In April 2011, the Parks and Green Spaces 2009/2010 Opportunity Fund recommendations were approved by City Council and the Mayor. The 2012/2013 recommendations were approved in September 2013. Thank you to all the community organizations that brought these projects forward.
2009/2010 Opportunity Fund
2012/2013 Opportunity Fund
project is complete
In April 2011, The Parks and Green Spaces 2009/2010 Opportunity Fund recommendations were approved by City Council and the Mayor.
To view a PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it for free at www.adobe.com.
November 6, 2013