Advisory Council Code of Ethics
To further the objectives of the advisory council, certain principles
govern the conduct of all advisory council members and employees of
the advisory council, who shall:
- Agree that the advisory council's chief objective is to serve the
best interests of the public.
- Facilitate the highest level of service to the public through appropriate
and well-organized programs, equitable and unbiased policies and procedures,
and courteous and accurate customer service.
- Protect the solvency of the advisory council by budgeting and monitoring
the expenditure of public funds in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Uphold a mutually supportive and cooperative working partnership
with the Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Attend meetings and keep informed about matters that concern the
advisory council, and share viewpoints and ideas for serving the community's
- Treat others with respect, fairness, and good faith, and encourage
opportunities for advisory council employees and members to improve
- Advocate for fair and equitable conditions of employment that safeguard
the rights and welfare of all.
- Respect the differences between private convictions and responsibilities
as members or employees of the advisory council, and ensure that the
interests of the community always take precedence over private interests.
- When speaking in public, clearly state whether we are speaking
as private citizens or as a representative of the advisory council.
- Be forthcoming about possible conflicts of interest, and inform
the council of any personal interests or potential personal interests
in any decisions to be made by the advisory council.
- Protect the privacy of customers, staff, and advisory council members
as it relates to sensitive issues.
July 11, 2007