Permitted Seasonal Vendors

Seattle Parks and Recreation is interested in securing seasonal (May-Sept) partners to operate food service, activities and group fitness in various park locations throughout the City of Seattle. Locations vary with sites appropriate for carts, food trucks and other self-contained businesses. RFP packets can be found here (link to the right), or you may request a packet be mailed to you. Small businesses, Women and/or Minority Businesses are encouraged to submit proposals.

2016 Concessions Requirements

Seattle Parks and Recreation Concessionaire requirements are as follows:

  • Seattle Parks permit (fee is $75 per park, per year) to sell on City of Seattle Park property
  • Copy of your current City of Seattle business license
  • Seattle/King County Food handlers health Permit ( for food and beverage Vending)
  • Liability insurance coverage in the amount of $1 million dollars and add the "City of Seattle" as an additional insured
  • You and your Staff must all pass a WA State Patrol Background check
  • A small percentage of your gross sales (less sales tax) will be paid to the Parks Department. This is usually 10% or a minimum flat fee per month, whichever is greater. The minimum dollar amount may change depending on the park and time of year.