Dakota Place Park
Address: 4304 SW Dakota St, 98116 (Map It)
Reserve the Dakota Place Park Building:
Weekdays M-F: (206) 684-7441
Weekends: (206) 684-7254
Click to skip down to:
RENT THE DAKOTA PLACE PARK BUILDING!
Charming Dakota Place Park Building is located in West Seattle. This newly remodeled, but historic building is within walking distance of many shops, restaurants and activities along California Avenue.
For weekend rentals contact Parks Event Scheduling at (206) 684‐7254. There is a minimum 4-hour rental.
For weekday rentals contact Hiawatha Community Center at (206) 684‐7441. Weekday rentals rates are $45 per hour for the main room, $35 for the small conference room, 2-hour minimum, $25 booking fee, $25 hourly staff fee, and a security deposit.
Tours are available to view the space on Saturdays from 8:30 -10:30 a.m.
- 7 Rectangular Tables (30-by-72 inches); 9 Round Tables (40 inches)
- 75 Chairs
- Catering refrigerator
- Ice maker
- Convection/microwave oven
- A/V System (2 projection screens)
- Large flat screen TV
- The Dakota Place Park Building is wheelchair-accessible
- Street parking (can be congested)
RESERVE THE DAKOTA PLACE PARK BUILDING
The facility can be reserved one year in advance on a rolling calendar. Applications will generally be processed on the first business day of the corresponding month. For example, applications for February will be processed on February 1. Bookings by phone are not accepted. Applications will be booked on a first come first serve basis, as applications are received. Priority is given to applications brought in person, with faxes and emails accepted next. All events must be booked at least 10 business days in advance of the requested date.
The deposit ($250 for events without alcohol, and $500 for events with alcohol) and application fee is due within 5 business days of making the reservation. The balance, paperwork and proof of insurance will be due 90 days prior to the event date. If the reservation is made within 90 days, full payment is due within 5 business days.
For reservations and a complete quote,
call (206) 684-7254.
Facility Rental Brochure
The facility rental brochure includes information for all our Special Amenity facilities, fees and prices, insurance information, frequently asked questions, fire permits, alcohol permits, and all other required permits that may be applicable to your event.
Facility Rental Application
A facility rental application and signed general terms and conditions are required to make a reservation.
Rental Rates and Options
Please find current rates in the rental packet (see above).
Your rental includes exclusive use of the hall. Rental groups are responsible for setting up and taking down tables and chairs, decor, sweeping, and trash removal. Please plan your rental hours to accommodate these activities.
Alcohol is prohibited in parks, except by special permit.
Renters may serve alcohol under certain conditions. If you intend to serve alcohol, you must state that in your application and pay the additional alcohol-related fees (above) when you pay for your reservation.
Approval to serve alcohol is contingent on your completing these two steps within 30 days weeks of your rental date:
- A banquet permit is required to allow the service and consumption of liquor at a private event, invitation only, or gathering in a public place of club. A copy of this permit will be due to the Event Scheduling Office 10 business days prior to your event. For more information on how to obtain banquet permit click on the Alcohol permit flyer below.
- Provide a certificate of liability for $1,000,000 listing the City of Seattle as an additional insured. If alcohol is being sold, the renter must provide a $2 million dollar liability insurance policy. Proof of insurance is required 15 business days prior to event date. More information on these provisions is available when you make your reservation or click on insurance flyer below.
March 2, 2016