Pro Parks Levy Opportunity Fund Criteria
The Pro Parks Levy ordinance and resolution included priority criteria
for Opportunity Fund projects. In general, priority will be given to projects
- Address a park or open space deficiency.
- Are in areas experiencing growth, particularly urban villages or
urban centers, or in revitalization areas.
- Are consistent with an approved plan, such as a neighborhood plan
or watershed plan;
- Will not result in higher than usual operating costs to Parks.
- Have the potential to leverage other funds.
In addition to the criteria listed above, projects that submit a Letter
of Intent application will be evaluated by the following point system
established by the Pro Parks Oversight Committee:
- Project is a unique opportunity or likely a lost opportunity if
we don't act now - 35 points
- Project is a first round Opportunity Fund acquisition project that
needs additional funding
to complete acquisition and/or development - 20 points
- Project has extremely high community support - 15 points
- Opportunity Fund funding is critical to project completion - 15
- Project leverages other funds - 15 points
June 7, 2007