Spring Youth Sports Teams
Youth: (206) 684-7091
Registration: Contact your local community
Rainout Hotline: (206) 233-0055
Ballfield Light Problems: 1 (855) 330-8400
Find Citywide Athletics on Facebook
First day of Registration: February 4, 2014
Track and Field (Girls and Boys)
Age Groups: 5-17 (Age is determined by birth year. For example: girls born in 2005 run against girls born in 2005)
Minimum: Approximately 10 kids
Young athletes in our Track and Field program will be coached and then get to compete with other kids their age in various athletic contests based on running, jumping, and throwing. Running events include the 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1600 Meter races as well as the 400 Meter(4 X 100) Relay. Field events include Long Jump, Turbo Javelin, Softball Throw and Shot Put. Runners register at their neighborhood community center and practices occur at their home track. Track meets will be held at Nathan Hale Stadium and West Seattle Stadium.
Track meets begin the week of April 20 and practices generally begin in March.
NEW Boys Volleyball League
Age Groups: 10-11, 12-13, & 14-17 (age as of August 31, 2014)
Minimum: 5 Boys per team
Boys will learn teamwork, sportsmanship and volleyball fundamentals leading into more advanced skills. Players may sign up at their local community center. Practices will occur at their home site while games will occur at various Community Centers on Saturdays. League play is from April 18th to June 6th. Practices begin in March.
I want to play . . . how do I get started?
- To participate in most Seattle Parks Youth Sports leagues (for Basketball & Volleyball for example) you can either recruit a coach and put together your own team or you can be placed on an existing team with the help of community center staff. Call for more info. For some sports (Track & Field for example) all you need to do is go into your local community center to get registered.
- Get registered! (paperwork must be turned in at the community center )
- Registration Form
- Concussion Information Sheet
- Start practices and get ready for fun honing your skills and competing against other neighborhood community centers!
I want to coach...how do I get started?
Love the sport? Love kids? Want to give back to your community? Become a volunteer coach! Our low cost leagues can’t operate without the dedication of our awesome coaches!
- Talk to community center staff about applying for a coaching position.
- Fill out a Volunteer Packet.
- Work with commnunity center staff to form your team roster.
- Request practice times and confirm that all kids are registered before the first practice.
- Attend coaches meeting/training and get ready for a rewarding experience!
November 20, 2014
Sign-up to play and check how your team is doing at the new Citywide Athletics schedules, scores, and information site!
Seattle Parks has athletic fields and facilities for just about every popular sport. Make a reservation today!
» Fields & Facilities
Youth Sports Leagues during school year
» Citywide Youth Athletics Brochure