Office of Intergovernmental Relations
600 4th Ave, 5th Floor
P.O. Box 94746
Seattle, WA 98124-4746
Phone: (206) 684-0213
Fax: (206) 684-8267
OIR international staff manage visits from international dignitaries and delegations in order to build relationships that create economic, cultural and educational opportunities for Seattle residents. The Chief International Specialist and International Programs Coordinator:
- Oversee relations with Seattle's 21 Sister Cities.
- Assist the Mayor and City Council with international issues or when participating in international activities and programs and provide international protocol expertise.
- Promote international business in conjunction with organizations such as the Greater Seattle Trade Development Alliance.
- Manage the City's relations with the Washington State Consular Corps and other organizations that have an international mission or focus.
- Coordinate the City's response to and engagement in major international events including organizing a broad community response to the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver.
Content contact: Tony Vo
Page last updated: July 13, 2006