Gregory J. Nickels (former Mayor)
8/13/2008 2:00:00 PM
Patricia Lopez (206) 684-0713
Nominations Sought for Latino Heritage Award
Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels and the city of Seattle Latino City Employees are pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the 4th Annual Latino Heritage Award (formally known as the Hispanic Heritage Month Award).
The Latino Heritage Award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions to the Seattle Latino community by displaying leadership, initiative, creativity and dedication. Through their contributions, award recipients inspire others to be involved in the Latino community and make a difference.
Mayor Nickels and the Latino City Employees will present the award on Oct. 11, 2008, during the Latino Heritage Month celebration at the Seattle Aquarium.
- Leadership - Ability to motivate and inspire others to accomplish a specific goal or objective that benefits the Seattle Latino community.
- Initiative - Seeks renewed ways to work with the community; continually responds to new and changing needs of the community with creative responses and ideas. Has a personal commitment to see the project through to its resolution with determined effort.
- Creativity - Proposes and engages in creative ways to accomplish goals and objectives that support the Latino community.
- Dedication - Works on issues and seeks solutions to problems based on the needs of the community, not based on his/her own self-interests.
Nomination and Selection Procedure
- Submit a Latino Heritage Award Nomination Form Please note, self-nominations will not be considered.
- Submit a one page narrative describing how the nominee meets the city of Seattle Latino Heritage Award criteria. Provide examples of his/her leadership, initiative, creativity and dedication to the Latino community in Seattle. Send form and narrative by Sept. 15, 2008 to:
City of Seattle
Latino City Employees - Latino Heritage Award
c/o Fabiola Greenawalt – Department of Neighborhoods
P.O. Box 94649
Seattle, WA 98124-4649
- Nominations will be reviewed by award committee. Award recipient will be notified by Sept. 21, 2008.
Download the nomination form - Acrobat PDF
Visit the mayor’s web site at www.seattle.gov/mayor. Get the mayor’s inside view on efforts to promote transportation, public safety, economic opportunity and healthy communities by signing up for The Nickels Newsletter at www.seattle.gov/mayor/newsletter_signup.htm
- 30 -