Ed Murray, Mayor
SUBJECT: City invites neighbors to participate in fifth ‘Find It, Fix It’ Community Walk
8/8/2014 4:09:00 PM
Jeff Reading, Mayor's Office Communications Director, (206) 684-3952
Jason Kelly (206) 615-0494
City invites neighbors to participate in fifth 'Find It, Fix It' Community Walk
SEATTLE (August 8, 2014) - Seattle Mayor Ed Murray's 'Find It, Fix It' Community Walk, focused on several crime hotspots, makes its way to a fifth neighborhood in Seattle next Tuesday, August 12.
At the walks, community residents, police, and city officials walk together to identify physical disorder and solve it. As a result of these walks, Seattle City Light, the Seattle Department of Transportation, the Department of Planning and Development, and Seattle Public Utilities have worked - and continue to work - to make improvements in Seattle's neighborhoods. Watch videos, view photos and read actions taken as a result of these walks at: http://murray.seattle.gov/finditfixit
The next Find It, Fix It Community Walk:
Tuesday, August 12, 7 – 9 p.m., Rainier Ave. and Henderson
Meet at the Rainier Beach Community Center Plaza (Map)
7 – 7:15 p.m.
- Short program featuring Mayor Ed Murray, City Councilmember Sally J. Clark, City Attorney Pete Holmes, Seattle Police Department Chief Kathleen O’Toole, and department representatives.
7:15 – 9 p.m.
Walk commences along the following route:
- South on Rainier Ave S.
- East to Seward Park Ave S.
- North on Seward Park Ave S.
- West on S. Fisher Place
- North on 53rd Ave S.
- West on S. Henderson
- North on Rainier Ave S. to Cloverdale
- Return south to Rainier Beach Community Center
- Walk concludes and department representatives are available for follow-up questions.
For more information on Murray’s public safety strategy for Seattle, visit http://www.seattle.gov/mayor/public-safety-strategy-for-seattle.