Ed Murray, Mayor
1/30/2014 3:30:00 PM
Karen O'Connor 206-684-7241
Seattle Parks and Recreation opens Day Camp and Activity Camp registration
On Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014 at noon Seattle Parks and Recreation will open for Day Camp and Activity Camp registration. Seattle Parks and Recreation offers a wide variety of camps including Nature Camps, Preschool Camps, Tween Camps, Sports Camps, Arts Camps, and more.
New this year families may register for Day Camp and an Activity Camp in the same week. Activity Camps include sports, arts, and nature. These are non-licensed camp programs offered throughout Seattle.
Day Camps are licensed camps for children kindergarten through fifth grade. Participants will be put into age-appropriate groups to better meet the needs of the child. Families may register children for a timeframe of one to 10 weeks.
Seattle Parks offers several options to register for summer 2014 camp sessions:
- Stop by your local community center to register for programs and meet the staff. Take a peek at the recreation center and the program space. Community Center staff welcome face to face interaction. Please check center hours at http://www.seattle.gov/parks/centers.asp as most community centers hours of operation have been reduced in the 2013/14 budget process.
- Register online by using the SPARC system. Visit seattle.gov/parks and click on SPARC. Please note that an account must be set up prior to having access to the online SPARC system. This may take up to a week to process. We do our best to set up accounts for registration within 48 hours.
- Call your local community center during hours of operation. Any staff may assist you with registration during operating hours.
- Register with our Business Service Center at 206-684-5177. The Business Service Center is open for service Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. For additional information please email ParksBSC@seattle.gov.
- Mail in or drop off registration requests with payments and required forms to your local community center.
The camps fill up quickly and Seattle Parks recommends registering early. A $15 deposit is required at time of registration with the balance due two weeks before the camp begins.
Participation is contingent upon full payment and submittal of the appropriate registration forms two weeks prior to the start of camp. Online registration ends two weeks prior to the first day of each camp, but in-person registration will be available until all spots are filled.
For more information and the appropriate forms visit https://www.seattle.gov/parks/camps/ or call your community center.
Parks works in partnership with the Associated Recreation Council (ARC) to bring high-quality, accessible and affordable recreation opportunities to the people of Seattle. For more information on ARC, please see http://www.arcseattle.org/.
This press release is available on Seattle Parks and Recreation’s blog, Parkways.
- 30 -