Ed Murray, Mayor
SUBJECT: As weather warms, Seattle Parks and Recreation reminds users of beach fire rules
5/9/2013 4:35:00 PM
As weather warms, Seattle Parks and Recreation reminds users of beach fire rules
As May weather teases us with springlike sunny days, thoughts turn to fires on the beach.
Seattle Parks and Recreation provides fire rings at two beaches, Golden Gardens Park, 8498 Seaview Avenue NW in Ballard and Alki Beach Park, 1702 Alki Avenue SW in West Seattle.
Parks encourages users to have fun, and provides a reminder of the rules that keep the parks clean, safe, and usable for everyone:
- Please light fires ONLY in designated fire pits, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please burn only clean firewood (bare, clean, dry cordwood).
- Please douse your fire completely (with water, not sand!) before you leave.
- Please don’t remove anything from the park, beach, or dunes.
- Please dispose of trash and ashes in the containers provided for each.
- Please be considerate of others – amplified music is not allowed!
- Please remember that alcohol is not allowed.
For information, please call:
- Parks and Recreation: 206-684-4075
- Emergency after-hours pager: 206-982-4583
- Seattle Police and Fire Departments: 9-1-1
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency: 206-343-8800 or 800-552-3565
- 30 -