Mike McGinn (former Mayor)
8/30/2012 9:30:00 AM
Sonia Palma (206) 684-4107
Nominations Sought for Latino Heritage Award
SEATTLE - Mayor Mike McGinn and the City of Seattle Latino City Employees Organization (LCE) announced today that nominations are being accepted for the Eighth Annual Latino Heritage Award.
The Latino Heritage Award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions to the City of Seattle's diverse communities, specifically in the Latino community by displaying leadership, innovation, creativity, and dedication. Through their contributions, award recipients inspire others to be involved in the Latino community and make a difference.
Mayor McGinn and LCE will present the award on October 6, 2012, during the evening Latino Heritage Award Celebration.
- Leadership - Motivates and inspires others to accomplish a specific goal or objective that benefits the Seattle Latino community.
- Innovation - Seeks renewed ways to work with the community; continually responds to new and changing needs of the community with creative responses and ideas. Has a personal commitment to see the project through to its resolution with determined effort.
- Creativity - Proposes and engages in creative ways to accomplish goals and objectives that support the Latino community.
- Dedication - Works on issues and seeks solutions to problems based on the needs of the community, not based on his/her own self-interests.
Nomination and Selection Procedure:
- Submit a Latino Heritage Award Nomination Form. Please note, self-nominations will not be considered.
- Submit a one-page narrative describing how the nominee meets the City of Seattle Latino Heritage Award criteria. Provide examples of his/her leadership, initiative, creativity, and dedication to the Latino community in Seattle. Send form and narrative by September 14, 2012, to:
City of Seattle Latino City Employees - Latino Heritage Award Committee c/o Sonia Palma – Seattle Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 34996, Seattle, WA 98124-4996 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations will be reviewed by award committee. The award recipient will be notified by September 28, 2012.
City of Seattle
"Like" us on Facebook: Seattle Latino City Employees
Click below to download or print press release and nomination form:
# # #