Ed Murray, Mayor
8/23/2012 4:35:00 PM
Dunkin’ Doggies: Dog swim Saturday, September 1 at Helene Madison Pool
Seattle Parks and Recreation is pleased to present another opportunity for pups to paddle in the pool, from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 1 at Helene Madison Pool, 13401 Meridian Ave. N, followed by treats for the dogs and light refreshments for all.
The swim in the heated pool is made possible by the closure of the pool for preventive maintenance from September 2 through September 16.
Parks worked with Public Health – Seattle & King County to clear the way for this fun event for Fido and Fifi, and Health has approved the operating guidelines.
Humans, here are your guidelines:
- The cost is $15 per dog; humans get in free.
- Humans are not allowed in the pool with the dogs.
- A lifeguard will be on duty to ensure our furry friends’ safety.
Dogs, here are your guidelines:
- You must be at least six months old and show proof that you are licensed and up to date on your vaccinations.
- You must undergo a “pre-wash” with the help of Parks staff, and Animal Shelter officers will inspect you before you go into the pool. You can buy a license if you don’t have one.
- Stairs are available for you to enter and leave the water.
- A lifeguard will be on duty to ensure your safety.
After the event, the pool will be drained and cleaned, and will undergo its regular every-18-months preventive maintenance. The pool will be closed to the public during this time and will reopen on September 17.
- 30 -