Seattle City Council
SUBJECT: Reminders for Thursday's joint public hearing on the proposed SODO arena
7/17/2012 12:24:00 PM
Nate Van Duzer, Councilmember Burgess’ Office, 206-684-8806
Al Sanders, King County Council Communications, 206-296-1685
Dana Robinson Slote (206) 615-0061
King County Council Chair Larry Gossett
Seattle City Councilmember Tim Burgess
Reminders for Thursday's joint public hearing on the proposed SODO arena
Seattle and King County Councils to hear public testimony
Seattle – The Seattle City Council and King County Council will hear public testimony on Thursday, July 19, regarding the proposal for a new multi-purpose arena in SODO.
Members of the public are invited to attend and give in-person testimony to City and County Councilmembers, the legislative bodies who must both adopt the memorandum for the project to move forward:
Thursday, July 19, 5:30 p.m.
Sign-up begins at 5 p.m.
Bertha Knight Landes Room, Seattle City Hall
600 Fourth Ave, First Floor, Seattle 98104
Information on visiting City Hall
In anticipation of large crowds, the Councilmembers issued the following reminders to individuals coming to speak:
- Sign up forms will be available at 5 p.m. Speakers will be heard on a first come, first served basis.
- Individuals can only sign up one person for public testimony; they cannot hold space in line for others or sign up multiple speakers.
- Time allotted for individual speakers will depend on the number of those signed up. Given expected attendance, speakers should be prepared for one minute for spoken testimony. Both Councils accept written comments at any time and comment forms will be available at the meeting.
- While signs are allowed, signs with sticks are considered weapons and are not allowed in City Hall.
- This public hearing will be broadcast live on Seattle Channel 21 and webcast at www.seattle.gov/councillive.
View the joint meeting agenda here.
Follow the Council's deliberations through Twitter by signing up through the King County Council website. Watch all Council proceedings held in chambers LIVE on King County TV on Comcast and Broadstripe Cable on channel 22, or online.
Seattle City Council meetings are cablecast and Webcast live on Seattle Channel 21 and on the City Council's website. Copies of legislation, Council meeting calendar, and archives of news releases can be found on the City Council website. Follow the Council on Twitter and on Facebook.